Saturday, August 08, 2009

Management solved

This post is not to uncover the deepest secrets and give any Gyaan about management. This is about the misconception that everyone holds about a management course and life after that. In general chats with friends I felt that they think that managers are some one who will get the work done from others. they will live life ing size and give ordes and not do work themselves. As most of my friends are in IT domain, I am generalizing that this view is of IT person and their experience.

I would like to confess that I shared their views but not to the extent that I have witnessed in the comments by my friends. An MBA course breaks this myth. You are one out of many and you are supposed to work as hard as in other fields at least in start of your career. I would not like to go in details of the fields in which MBA works hard as its ubiquitous.

A student passing out from MBA course just gets a post that has job title as manager in it. This manager title is not similar to what we witnessed in IT field. Job in finaancial, Sales and trade sector can be as tough or tougher than IT field and working hours and fields can be harsher.

So most of my friends will be thinking by now that why you have chose the field. This question comes again "Why MBA?". I am bugged of this question and will not answer it :)

A simple fact may give some clue that after all the hard work for getting into good MBA college and passing out from their your remenuration can be higher and this leads to other misconception about MBA that I am not going in to.

Labels:


Comments:
bole to bohat chalu....
abhi MBA mein gaya to manager ki badai....
nahi chalegi nahi chalegi, yeh manager logo ki dadagiri nahi chalegi..
In logo ko to MBA ka sabse pahla lession is "Jugad" sikhaya hai...
Abhi se setting ha...
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]