Friday, November 17, 2006

Flirting with deadlines...

As software professional I am not going to talk about the deadlines in the IT industry. As everyone will agree with me that they are tight and there is always a fight to meet them and most of the time it’s not met. The deadline here is the common term for the time at which we are supposed to do something.
I always mess up with the time, i think i am too bad in this. Whether its cab timing in the morning or meeting time in the office or with someone. Most of the time its due to laziness and negligence but some of the time it’s really difficult. Recently I totally messed up with the timing of the MBA admission forms that due to total negligence on my part. It started from the time to take application forms. I don’t know why everything comes to the last week and then to the day that is impossible to extend.

Finally I got the forms after much difficulties, the amazing thing is that there are many other people like me flirting with deadlines. After collecting the form it was lying there on the table until the last date is so near that any delay can cause rejection of your application. You open the application bulletin to find that there is lot of requirements that needs to be completed before sending the application. Then the process starts and I run from one place to other. Finally its get done on just the right time.

Why can’t I do it when there is lot of time? I think that this question does not apply to me only, people like me are everywhere. Everyone has the solution and they know what to do, but this issue is there for the long time and it will be there because the reasons (laziness and negligence) behind it are not going to change. Hope to see the change in me and everyone.


Comments:
hmmm.. think about lazy me.. wat all i did... :(
 
It happens with everyone and sumthing not to b worried about. Be it academics while studying for your university exams or filling up the forms, the excitement that you get for doing everything just at the eleventh hour persuades you to repeat this beautiful mistake.
It in one way prepares you to handle the Stress Situations in the best possible way. These are the situations when you find out what are the short cuts and wat all are NOT-SO-IMPORTANT activities that you can cut across.
I am sure you wont have missed any meetings or wont have applied even for a half day leave to do all this work.
So, why is it to be worried about so much. Just take the life as it comes and keep your adrenaline pumped up enuf to handle any of the situation.

And just if the situation bothers you this much then the only solution to your problem, or as a matter of fact anyone and everyone in this world, is "PROCASTINATE LATER".
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]