Wednesday, September 27, 2006

COMEDY OF ERRORS

DAY: 28/09/06

I don’t know how to begin, this day is full of the errors and mistakes by me and it looks like there is some movie going on.

I have a cook from my home town. He had to go home today by the train BANGALORE CITY-RAJENDRA NAGAR EXP. The train timing was 6.45 AM. I think he was too excited as he was going home after a long time. He woke me up at 5.00 in the morning. I don’t remember when I got up that early last time. I told him that train is at 6.45 and we will leave at 6.15. Now I was not feeling sleepy so I finally got up after some time and I saw that two of my room-mates are already awake and in some time we all were awake. I got ready and we left on time as planned. The road was empty as expected in the morning and I thought that we will be there. We reached the city railway station at 6.30 and I thought there is no problem at all. When I entered the station there was a queue for the platform ticket and I didn’t had the coins for the platform ticket vending machine. I took the ticket from the counter and it took around 5 min.

ACT1:

The Comedy of errors starts now. I just glanced at the board displaying the timings of the train. The train no. 6595 was in the first row and without finding the platform no I assumed that it will platform no.1. the train was there and I went to the coach S2 for the place. I checked the list. His seat no. was 70 and I was not able to find his name there but the name started with same letter and sounded like his only. I thought that railways made a mistake. I was still figuring out, suddenly the train started and I told him that your seat no. is 70 so board the train. It was 6.37 in the railway watch and I was totally surprised that how railway is ahead of the timing.

Then I got the first shock of the day as the train passed by I was able to see the other train on platform no. 3. it displayed BANGALORE CITY-RAJENDRA NAGAR EXP, I was not able to figure out what’s happening then it came to my mind that it was some other train and I have committed the blunder. I ran from there suddenly TC stops me and asks for the platform ticket so I gave him that and asked that which trains just left. He said LALBAGH I asked whether it will stop at the CANT. Railway station. He told me that it will but what do u want, I explained him then he tells me that he cant do anything. I come to the parking lot running and I take out my bike.


ACT2:

This part is even more interesting than the first one. I am not able to find the ticket he gave me. I remember that I kept it in my wallet when I was on the platform and I searched the wallet very quickly. I am not able to find it(parking ticket). I explained the guys over there that I have a problem please let me go but they told me that there is a penalty of Rs. 200 for losing the ticket. Oh MY GOD!!!. He says search again but there was no success. I said that I am leaving and I started the bike then he was standing in the front of me and took out the key and said that you have to go the police as you tried to run. I had no other option so I went to police officer and again explained the problem but what the point is, they saw me as some one from whom they can earn. They must be thinking that what a good morning and I was cursing myself that what I has done. He suddenly ask the fine and I gave him the 100 Rs. Mind it, it was not a fine it was a bribe, I had to write my address and the phone no. in a register and there was no verification and I had the bike. I was thinking that I could have taken some other bike if I have the keys for just Rs. 100. I have lost the race with the time and hopes of getting the train at the CANT. Railway station. The right train also left the station. I decided to chase the train. It was the fastest and the most careless drive I ever did. My luck was with me this time as I was finding the signals green, but everyone was jumping the signal in the morning. I was near the Cricket stadium when I got a call and I stopped hoping that its my cooks call and oh I was so happy when he said that this train is not going to patna. I asked him to wait there I am coming and if I can't reach then board the train its coming in some time. I started like mad and I reached the railway station this time I didn’t lock the bike and I just ran inside. I saw that train has not reached yet, YO I have won the race. I ran for the platform ticket. I had no change left and I gave him 20 bugs he says that chillar do. I say that if u want take ten or take twenty just give me that ticket. He gave me the ticket and 15 bugs. I just started running. The train was coming on the platform no. 2, I was there and it arrived, but I am still not able to find my cook. Where is he? I was going mad. I almost ran with the train and I found him a long way waiting for the train. I was so relived. I apologized and started looking for the S2 coach again. This time some one else was there on the seat, but I was sure that this is the right train. The train started again and I jumped out of train and said that call once you reach. I was so happy, I called my room mates that finally he boarded the train.

ACT3:

I thanked god that he boarded the train otherwise he would have been so sad. I took out my wallet and searched and I found the parking ticket. A 110 bug parking ticket due to which I wasted so much of time. Otherwise I could have catched the first train. Anyway I thanked the god again, very few times I remember him. Natural human tendency that u remember only when u are in trouble. I was cursing my self for the negligence shown in making him board the wrong train and then paying the fine (mind it BRIBE). I reached home found the door locked and have no keys, I again called and they have gone for the breakfast, I also reaches there and I was also hungry after doing the morning exercise. My friends already made the plans to call the friends in the Chennai to help him go to hometown as both trains will reach there. While breakfast I noticed the watch its cab time, I thought that I am going to miss that one also and I missed it. Called friends to find out that how they are traveling. I decided that I will travel by bike. How can anyone remember in this that today is ethnic day and DANDIA is the office?

ACT4:

After driving most carelessly I decided to be careful, but my mind was still thinking of the turns of the event in the morning and it was a close shave for the fellow motorist once. I stopped and then thought that I need to pass this day and then i drove with more concentration and slowly to the office. My apology to the person whom I almost hit and advice to the people of Bangalore that please concentrate on the road otherwise anything can happen. I am in office and waiting for the day to get over and start all over again.


I am happy that everything is fine instead the fact that I have created such a mess. I am happiest for the cook that he will reach his home. I am hoping to finish the day with no more errors and finish it peacefully and start all over again.


Comments:
Dude.. Happens sometimes.. nothing goes ur way.. the best thing is to enjoy the situation and laugh at it... Few months back my bike's fuel got over on the day when I had to reach early for the office. Bike stopped just infront of petrol bunk but unfortunately I wasn't carrying my wallet.. I was laughing like anything :)
 
Chill man.. happens.. duniya ke bade bade deshon me choti choti baatein hoti rahti hai...
Remember the "Golmaal"story. We all do the same kind of things...

Hey btw its 'bucks' and not 'bugs'. For trivia: In actual terms, 1 buck means i dollar.
 
i have not forgotten the "GOLMAAL", but that was movie and affected us but this was some other one.. if i make a mistake and i board a diff. train then its not a big issue but it should not be some one else
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]